Texas Electricity

Enter Your Zip Code And See How Much You Can Save!

Power To Choose

Texas Electricity

Texas CapitolJanuary 1, 2002 is a day that changed the Texas electricity environment completely. This was the day that Texas approved Senate Bill 7 which expanded an industry and gave most Texans the power to choose their own electricity provider and electricity rates. At the time, this was on the cutting edge as Texas was the first state to try such a bold move. The legislation gave 85% of all of the single family homes and apartment units the power to choose their own electricity provider. As for the other 15% of Texas households, they must still receive electricity which is regulated by the state with no choice.

Yet there are many consumers who have a choice, and have never switched from their original providers, Reliant or TXU. Within the industry these customers would be labeled as “inert” or “asleep”. This terminology is born in the idea that these customers are willing to stay regardless of the rate. These consumers, in most cases are costing themselves hundreds, if not thousands of dollars each year in Texas electricity expenses.

Confusing Choices

Power To Choose CorrectlyWith electricity providers offering Texas consumers more than 2000 electric plans it may be hard to imagine anyone staying on the fence and not taking advantage of electricity choice. But for many residents it is just overwhelming. Even those who visit the state-sponsored powertochoose.org find it just too much to digest. The offers are entered by the electricity providers them selves with little to no scrutiny. As one Texas resident recently stated on the Texas PUC website,

I am beginning to think that “Power to Choose” is an oxymoron. We have little power and end up settling just to end
the frustration of having to choose…No one should have to page through 321 lists of “providers” and their multiple choices to figure out how they are going to have alight on to get to the bathroom at night.”

How To Shop, Choose And Save On Energy Expenses

Electricity Savings Piggy BankHelp has arrived. Texas residents can now embrace their power to choose with confidence. ShopChooseSave.com takes what would normally take hours and reduces it to just minutes. We carefully choose and screen each of the Texas electricity providers we display and only display the best. Literally everyday we are scouring the web to bring you the the lowest rates, which makes it easy to compare electricity options. And lastly,  our service to you is always free.

Want to see how easy it is? Just enter your zip code below and be amazed!

Customers Testimonials

I picked up you guys flyer at my hair salon and I am glad I did. I saved so much time finding a new electric company. I have tried to use Power To Choose before and got duped. They have a lot of false advertising which you guys don't. And Jasmine, that I talked to on the phone was so nice and answered all of my questions. I chose Champion and lot it. Thanks for your help!

Brandi Evans, Waco, Tx

Neat site. And the prices were the same as if I went direct. Really easy to compare rates. Love It!

Cynthia McCoy, Bay City, Texas

This is a good website. It was my first time using my phone to signup for electricity. I was shocked everything went thru easy and my lights were in my name at my new apartment just like they were supposed to. I would recommend this to anybody.

Juan Castillo, Houston, Tx

The lady I talked to on the phone helped me get off prepaid and I am sooooo happy now. I had my lights turned off 4 times with prepaid this Summer. She understood what I was going thru and helped me find a company and plan I could afford. Thank you so much. You have no idea what a difference you made for my family. God bless all of you.

Charridy Allen, Cedar Hill, Tx

I love this website. My husband heard about it on the radio. It was really easy to use. We were with Breeze Energy before and hated it. I found a good rate on this website with Direct Energy and lowered my rate by a lot. Thank you so much for this website. I sent you 3 more customers.

Veronica Salgado, Baytown, Tx

The website was really easy to use and I was able to find a much lower electricity rate than I had before. I will definitely recommend the site to my friends.

JoAnn Morris, Channelview, Tx

This website and the agents on the phone are very nice and knowledgeable. I like that they walk you through the options so you can find the best one. I signed with Summer Energy and got a fixed rate and got off prepaid. I only had to pay a $100 deposit. Every other electric company told me $300. Thank you Shop Choose Save. 🙂

Tamara Washington, Houston, Tx

Shop Electricity Rates

Quickly compare top electricity plans from across the web. So instead of searching for hours and paying to much, ShopChooseSave helps you find the best electricity plan at the lowest price.

Markets

Meet ShopChooseSave

© 2016 ShopChooseSave LLC.